Thursday, August 16, 2012

DIY Decorative Vases

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
1. Vases.  I chose to do three of different styles, but how many you do and how they look is completely up to you.

2. Paint.  You HAVE to make sure that the paint you choose is for glass.  The paint I chose was for multi- surfaces, but that makes no difference as long as paint is on the list.  I used Martha Stewart Multi- Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint in the color Surf which I picked up at my local Jo-Ann.  (I got a tip from someone after I'd completed the project that using a surface conditioner may have helped bond the paint to the glass meaning less coats.)

3. Paintbrushes.  You want to make sure they're fairly large so that it'll be easier to paint the vases.


  STEP I
Clean the vases out.  Dirt will cause problems when you're painting.

 STEP II
Start painting!  The first couple of coats will look tragically terrible so don't get discouraged!  Just keep trucking on!  With the vases that had curves, I painted them in stages.  Letting them dry to do another coat is annoying but it's the only way to do it so be patient.


  STEP III
How many coats of paint you apply will  be different for everyone.  You just want the paint to look as even as possible and for there to be no holes where the glass still shines through.
And you're done!

NOTE:  These vases are strictly for decorative purposes only!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment